Monday, June 27, 2011

30 days 'til 45

My goal is to write about one memory, thought, or observation each day until I reach my 45th birthday. I don't say it will be interesting--just that it will be honest.

Today, for the first time in my life, I told my mom that I used to fantasize that my father, who died when I was three, was really alive and that he was working for the CIA/FBI/KAOS (from Get Smart). Because of his work, he had to pretend that he was dead, and one day he would show up at our doorstep and surprise us. This reunion was very clear in my mind.

I didn't tell my mom that I thought about this well into adulthood.

Parents are strong forces in the lives of their children whether, they are there every day or absent for some reason.

If I ever become a parent, I will remember this.

No comments:

Post a Comment